Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Royal I Do's


I would like to pretend this was just any other week, but I would be remiss not to mention the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.  Clearly, there was no forgetting the big day was here as media coverage outside the illustrious affair came to a halt and predictions began flying.  There followed a full five days of made up news in which no firm facts were reported and instead we mulled over the dress (it must be Alexander McQueen!) and the honeymoon (could it be the exotic island of Barbuto?).  I even received an email from website DailyCandy telling me what I should wear to the royal wedding, read, what I should wear in my living room at 5:00AM.  I opted not set my alarm painfully early and don a hat jauntily cocked to the side, but I did tune in thanks to my DVR.  Luckily only consummate professionals were on the scene.  When Kate Middleton first emerged in her wedding dress, all I saw was a blur of white.  However, Randy from Say Yes to the Dress screamed - I see lace, a deep v, and a collar, inspiration is Grace Kelly!  When the cameras honed in on the arrival at Westminster Abbey, voyeuristic precision only escalated with certified lip readers on the scene.  Thanks to the ABC News official lip reader (who knew this was a job?), I also was privy to the not so private sweet nothings exchanged between the bride and groom.  No syllable was left uncovered.  Here's hoping the honeymoon leaves more to the imagination, and we can go back to normal life - not sure Kate Middleton will ever be able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment