Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Lion


I love Sunday night at The Lion because it is so cozy, and more importantly, because I can never get a reservation there Monday through Saturday so it is my only option.  We sauntered in last Sunday the minute it opened, no later, and sidled up to a leather booth in the bar area.  I ordered the garden salad, which sounds boring but was decadent (I swear), and their signature hamburger.  My boyfriend, who has a knack for always ordering the most expensive thing on the menu, opted for the steak special.  It was 100 dollars (apparently it was infused with truffles).  I personally would have preferred a Vince tank top on the side for such a lofty price, but it was in fact a very good steak.  Minus the truffle steak trip-up, it was a great Sunday night meal that made for a much less gloomy Monday morning.  A bonus Russell Simmons sighting with a fashionable chippy at a table near by also added to the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment