Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!


We rang in the new year in Stratton, Vermont with less than snowy ski conditions and balmy 40 degree weather.  It felt like spring skiing, and we headed to the mountain without jackets, gloves, hats, and the donkey gear that usually makes skiing such a pain.  After a hard day on the slopes we hit the lodge for beers and nachos.  Well, technically I wasn't on the slopes, I was next to the slopes on the snow shoe trails nearby.  Details, details I just really like walking into the lodge and saying 'tough day on the slopes' to my fellow comrades, so I did.  For those less familiar with this action sport, snow shoeing is really just hiking in the snow and is actually quite a good workout.  The trails are even marked with green, blue, and black diamonds to denote difficulty.  What makes a snow shoe trail a black diamond is still unclear -  there were no moguls or jumps.  However, my friend, lets call her Lesley, did trip and fall over a concealed root as we mocked the difficulty rating system so I guess they can say they told us so. 

On New Years Eve proper we held a serious dance party back at the house, and I learned how to Dougie (which I think is just running your hands through your hair with a skip in your step).  What will my resolutions be this year?  I will have to tap into my inner Oprah for guidance on living my best life in 2011 to find out.  So far, I have mastered the Dougie.

Although, I'm sure the original Dougie was not done in plaid and fuzzy slippers...

No comments:

Post a Comment