Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years Resi's 2011


When I am climbing faux mountains in Soul Cycle and the instructor yells that 2011 is my year, I always like to believe them.  However, I also know that I am not the lucky type that will win the Mega Millions and fall into a life of peaceful fulfillment, so I will need to take 2011 by the proverbial horns.  In that vein I have decided to spruce up my usual New Years Resolutions of health and happiness with the following laundry list.  In 2011 I would like to...
  1. Take advantage of more cultural events in New York City. 
  2. Save more money.  My base salary has increased since I moved to this city, but I still live paycheck to paycheck, I just do so in cuter outfits.
  3. Swap a trip to the beach for a trip to Europe.  I love nothing more than a Pina Colada and sunset hot-tubbing, but 2011 is a year for culture not freckles and a great tan.  Bonus - I will be more worldly and less prematurely wrinkled.
  4. Read at least one book per month.  This is a freebie for me in case I do not achieve my other items on this list since I am in a Book Club that meets monthly.  
  5. Exercise three times a week so I can be strong like Madonna 
  6. Find out what the heck I want to be when I grow up 

No comments:

Post a Comment