Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cheerio Ol' Chaps!

I just returned from London, which would explain my lack of posts (sorry!) and general curmudgeonly attitude.  I know London is supposed to be a magical foggy place filled with culture and well-learned folk, but I just never have fun in that dreary city.  Here is why:

  • All food is served with too much dressing or a mysterious creamy sauce 
  • The weather is always cold and rainy.  One time I was there and it was 50 degrees   and partly sunny and everyone was clamoring about the beautiful weather I brought in 
  • There are too many chippies running around in white wash jeans 
  • The shower heads in London are all too close to the wall.  You have to literally hug the wall to get properly showered; I don’t understand why no one has realized the nozzle needs to be at an angle for comfortable showering, OR, if everyone is aware of this fact, why they are OK with it? A colleague I travelled to London with in June complained to the front desk of the hotel about said nozzle issues and they transferred him to a handicapped room to accommodate his ‘request for standing under a shower head’.  Apparently you need to be handicapped in London to get a good shower.
I really do think I am a worldly gal, but I much prefer Paris or any other city I have been to in Europe for that matter.  OK, off to spinning and then a hot shower to combat the saucy foods and the fact that I still have conditioner in my hair.  Cheerio ol' chaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment