Sunday, March 20, 2011

Big East Baby!

I have a fanatical sports family with a passion and slightly unhealthy emotional investment in college basketball, specifically for our home team - UConn.  The lowest profile games are watched with undivided attention in 'lucky' outfits while clapping and pacing at the TV six minutes into a 3 point game.  So it should come as no surprise that come March Madness calendars are cleared and the family pool takes center stage.  Once brackets are completed the smack talking on the message board is the real highlight, and my personal favorite part.  Although it can get out of hand, case in point when I was shit talking my dad over BBM the other day and he reminded me that every time he has won in previous years, he has given me his winnings (Oops, I'm a jerk).    So here's hoping I win this year, or my dad does, but either way I will have fun in between telling everyone 'they're goin' downnn'.


No comments:

Post a Comment